- To the soul in Canaan there need be no March weather. March and May should have the same unclouded sunshine. But Satan will come with frequent external storms of trial. Look out for his special Equinoctials.1
- Go to the Great Physician for a certain cure for General Debility.
- The sin consumption is hereditary and incurable save at the fountain mentioned in Zech. 13:1.
- Drink the pure water of life each day.
- Begin daily drills for exercise at the place of secret prayer and renew it again at the breakfast table and take a good season of practice at the family altar.
- To avoid qualms of conscience keep under the blood.
- Keep an eye on Danger Signals. See I Peter 5:8.
[Taken from Day by Day, The Highway Almanac and Diary for 1886,
the “almanac” (and Bible-reading plan)
published by Reid’s The Highway Office, Nevada, Iowa]
- Equinoctials was the name given to violent storms of wind and rain occurring at or near the time of the spring equinox. ↩