- If you want continual sunshine live in Isaiah 60:20.
- To avoid sudden changes, “Abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1
- Look out for chills and colds in the region of rinks, church suppers, festivals and frolics about this time of year.
- Prevent rheumatism of the tongue by obeying Revelation 12:11 and Malachi 3:16.
- Tone up each day by a good salvation breakfast. “Eat that which is good and thy soul shall live.”1
- Children have all inherited a dangerous disease variously called “Depravity,” “Carnal Nature,” and “original sin,” and are liable to certain bad “spells;” consult Mark 9 for the only effective remedy.
[Taken from Day by Day, The Highway Almanac and Diary for 1886,
the “almanac” (and Bible-reading plan)
published by Reid’s The Highway Office, Nevada, Iowa]
- This quotation seems to be a concatenation of two phrases in Isaiah 55:2-3—
2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread?
and your labour for that which satisfieth not?
hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good,
and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear,
and your soul shall live;
and I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
even the sure mercies of David. ↩